Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 24 - Maine

So - this is Maine.

I had intended to post earlier than this, but much has happened in this small corner of the world. My sister and her significant other came up over New Year's, as did my brother. It was great to spend the weekend with my siblings. Food, drink, and festivities abounded!

We partied a bit here, then went down to spend time with friends of my sister's, and wound up the evening here again. There were fireworks in between from the beach - spectacular. The whole evening was wonderful!

The day after I was not feeling well at all, and it was not "bottle flu". I had a fever, stomach and head pains. I was in bed, out for the count, for an entire week. Whatever germs were going around got to me big time unfortunately. Hideously. Not fun!

Fully recuperated now. The weather has been strange. Brutally cold for a few days, then temps rise into the 40s. I do not go outside when it is really cold (below 30). Way too hard to breathe.

It has snowed twice; second time the temps shot up the next day. I would say it snowed 3 times, but I really do not count last night. About an inch of snow, and then sleet (yuck). Finally warmed up to about 32 this afternoon and the sleet turned to rain. Although it will freeze over again tonight.

That sheet of ice currently covering my car should melt enough with the forecasted 40s for the rest of the week. Which is nice as I have errands I need and want to do. Otherwise I just start her up and let her run for about half an hour (evil grin) - that will take care of that.

In the meantime I have been dealing with computer issues (Time Warner is definitely not customer friendly), housekeeping, laundry (located an exceedingly clean laundromat that meets my standards), etc.

I am so ready to begin working on my oil painting again, but I need a trip to the local art store for supplies I did not bring. Hopefully tomorrow.

I had one day, one very frantic day, with 2 helpers, to pack for this winter. One helper was a bit lost & useless, the other was a whirling dervish. Figure I came out kind of on the up-side of that regardless :)

We are doing well, the kitties and I. Better than I expected. My breathing has been really good up here in the clear air - except for the days when it is SO brutally cold (like 25 or so).

My head, meaning my brain & all its weird / bizarre thoughts (other people's descriptions - not mine) finally wrapped itself around what happened and settled. Not even 2 months since the fire. Had to; life goes on.

What next? you ask. I am working on it. I am only here in this apartment for a short period of time, and as Hercule Poirot would say, "the little grey cells are working". Options....

So - Maine. Kind of getting used to it. It has started to get its hooks in.

And we (me and all my kittles) are well and doing fine :)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment