Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My Upcoming Trip To Canada

In two weeks I leave for my 11-day trip to Canada. Originally I was going to take a week. After re-thinking all I wanted to do and see, and with a bit of my brother's urging, I added some extra days to the front end of my trip.

I am driving there. Yes, it is a lot of miles on an older (but extremely reliable!) Mustang GT, and I have had her checked out six ways to Sunday. My excellent mechanic assures me she will make the trip safely and soundly. All that remains is a quick oil change.

I leave early Wed., June 8. It will take about 7 1/2 hours to arrive in Saint John, New Brunswick. And as soon as I cross the border, there is a time zone change to Atlantic Time.

Hooray. Not only will I be tired from the long drive, but I also get to switch to an earlier time zone :)

I chose to stay in Saint John for a reason, and not just because it is at the limits of my drive-time behind the wheel for a day! They have a Museum with mammoth bones. I have a weird fascination for dinosaur bones and have never seen mammoth bones close up. I want to. I must! Perusing the museum's website, it fascinates me to no end.

Figure a few hours at the Museum, then I continue on to New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, about 3 1/2 hours from Saint John, where I will stay for 3 days.

More on the itinerary later. Here are a few pics from the Saint John Museum. Is this not cool or what?!


Image result for pic of mammoth bones at saint john nb science museumImage result for pic of mammoth bones at saint john nb science museum


1 comment:

  1. Nice start to your trip. Good blogging, and keep the pics coming (except of Hannaford!)

    ReplyDelete