Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday, August 7 - Massachusetts

I want to thank the people who have commented; it is validation that SOME ONE is reading my little blog!

If you prefer to communicate privately, I set up an email account: Defiant.Traveler@comcast.net

Please note, you do need the "dot" between 'Defiant' and 'Traveler' in the address.

As I am having a lot of fun with this (the blog), I will continue to add random posts :) Next week I will try to succinctly relay the tale of my Czech friends, and their story, and how I became so well acquainted with Martha's Vineyard.

It is quite the tale. It will include a little history on Czechosolvakia as well (of course!).

When one gets to be my age, there are many stories for the telling. And many past travels I would like to share :)

I may be a bit of a "homebody", but at heart I am also a traveler. I am a Sagittarius, the wanderers of the Zodiac. I was almost born on the cusp the year I was born, so I do have a lot of Capricorn traits in me. Yeah, I do believe in this kind of thing. I also believe in birth order; discussion for another day!

From the website:

"Sagittarius is a fire sign ruled by Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system. As the zodiac’s traveler, Sagittarius is the ultimate free spirit: optimistic, open-minded and ambitious. It is not a mindless ramble, either. Sags are spiritual and truth-seekers, and the best way for them to do this is hit the road, talk to others and get answers. Knowledge is key to them, since it fuels their broad-minded approach to life. Sagittarians are keenly interested in philosophy and religion. These disciplines aid their internal quest for learning and higher meaning. Sagittarians are consumers of information, the better to get the answers they need. It's a good idea to give Sags room to explore their world. If they feel hemmed in, they can become impatient and difficultt. Juggling a million projects, hobbies, etc., Sagittarius pursues a super-sized goal. Even when they fail, nothing keeps them down. They chalk it up as a life lesson. As the sign of wisdom and truth, Sagittarius “tells it like it is”. However, their honesty doesn’t always come in the prettiest package." 

"Caricorn (♑) is an earth sign, a power sign, and one of the four cardinal signs. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn and all about hard work. They are happy to put in a full day at the office, realizing it takes a lot of those days to accomplish their goals. That's no problem, since Capricorns are both ambitious and determined: they will get there. Life is one big project, and they adopt a businesslike approach to most everything they do. While they can be introverts, Capricorns are practical; taking things one step at a time, both realistic and pragmatic. They are extremely dedicated to their goals, almost to the point of stubbornness."

I identify with both, but Sagittarius tugs at me more.

Symbol for Sag is "the warrior", and "the archer" - how apropos. I have a 'necklace' - a small stone on a leather strap I wear every day with my symbol :) I keep it tucked inside my shirt as I really do not want questions or comments about it.
Sagittarius, The Warrior
Sagittarius is represented as a centaur

2 comments:

  1. I've always been interested in astrology as well! Hmm....thinking you have a few books on the subject? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. But of course, my dear! More than a few :) As with anything not 'scientifically proven', you need to take it with a grain of salt. However, it rather works for me :)

    ReplyDelete