Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday, August 5 - Massachusetts

Short post; a little bit more about me and who I am. You get that short little right-hand side thing when you look in. Thinking I should change it up randomly just to see if anyone notices (emoticon for evil grin inserted here!).

My brother takes care of my cats when I go away, and when he goes away I take care of his. I have 4, he has 1. I have to buy a lot more cat food than he does (mine go through 4 cans a day). Admittedly mine are more work, but his is fussier! (She is an only, and thoroughly spoiled :).)

I have a "thing" about the cans (and all my food) - the labels have to be perfectly facing one way - front. Perhaps I am a little OCD (OK, I am a bit). It truly disturbs me when the labels are not perfectly aligned. My brother likes to mess with me when I am away, and screws up the cans! Here is evidence.
Cans perfectly aligned



Cans brother messed with :)

If you click on "View My Complete Profile", I do describe some of my activities. I like to read. A lot. I am involved with the local library.





Here are some pictures of my personal library. It is, of course, sorted by genre and author etc. And yes, I have read (or consulted) every single book I own. Some (a lot) more than once. Fortunately I do not move often, as the movers hate hefting my boxes and boxes of books! They actually prefer moving the washer & dryer over my books. Go figure!
Two bookshelves

Another bookshelf (most poetry)
More books (older books)



More books

More books
Reference books
I will add more later, as I am still contemplating on how best to relay my previous Martha's Vineyard experiences with my Czech friends. Distill it, so I can best describe it all in the best way possible.

2 comments:

  1. Wow guess you do read a lot! I read whhen I have time. Magazines and short storyies.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I counted them once last winter on a snowy day. I have close to 400 books! I try to read for awhile every night.

      Delete