Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August 3 - Massachusetts

I may have a short trip coming up next month; we shall see.

Next "big one" is Martha's Vineyard the last weekend of September. I used to visit very frequently, but have not been back in years. (A tale for next week.)

I want to revisit the Island, and see some of the things I never did on all my past trips.

My brother is going with me - he has never been. Reservations for the rooms have been made, as has the car reservation on the ferry. Not a huge deal, but I have never taken a car on the ferry before.

This will be fun :) We are staying in Oak Bluffs, and will have 1 1/2 days to roam the island! I got an awesome deal on our hotel rooms - $135/night each! Weekend before Columbus Day when they roll up the sidewalks on the island :) !

Cheaper hotel rooms normally start around $300/night; I snagged a mid-range one for a much lower price :)

This is going to be fun, and will involve lighthouses, lol, much to brother's chagrin :) He is not much for lighthouses, but I will be driving this this time.

The Vineyard is only like about 28 miles around, so it is not large. Hard to avoid those lighthouses! (There are only 5, so not so bad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment