Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 30-31 - Webster, Massachusetts - Part 1

I drove down to Webster, Mass., yesterday morning to spend the weekend with one of my very best friends, and visit some friends I was close with when I lived there. Had an awesome time! Arrived late morning after stopping for gas & a quick stop for adult beverages in my old stomping grounds. It has not changed much since I moved from there 2 1/2 years ago!


The street is very narrow, and yes, it really, actually IS an island. Small bridge to cross. I used to live there. Speed limit is 25, but that is pushing it, and the road is a one-way loop in most parts.

It was SOO good to see Chris and Dennis! We talked awhile (well, more than awhile!), then headed down the street to visit with Russ and Mertie :) Their house is on the lake; Chris and Dennis's is across the street from the lake.

Here is a pic of Russ and Mertie - they are so cute! We had discussed taking a ride on Russ's pontoon boat, but we spent so much time talking and catching up it did not happen. (I am hoping to get back down there for another weekend this summer and catch that boat ride!)
Russ & Mertie
Russ's boat


We sat on their deck chatting for a few hours, and I did get some good pix of the lake while I was there. As well as Mertie's flowers! (I love the candy cane stripes!)

Flowers on the deck

Gorgeous!






Webster Lake

Webster Lake, Middle Pond

Webster Lake

Webster Lake




Headed back across the street, and discussed dinner; steaks and baked potatoes on the grill. Yum. I made a Summer Salad (cucumbers, sliced red onions, red wine vinegar etc....) to go with. Dinner was really good!

Den put on some good music for dinner that night, and after dinner he built a nice fire in their firepit. My camera, once again, chose an unfortunate time to deplete its batteries when I wanted to take a picture of the fire.

Crystal clear day on the lake. Temps were down, nice breeze blowing through, and the humidity was almost non-existent. Benefits of living so near the lake!! I do miss that about the lake.

They have a really cool dog, Cody. He is kind of a boxer + ?? mix. Can be hyper, but is mostly relaxed. He remembered me from a few years ago when I was last down there! (They rescued him at a local shelter. Kudos to them for doing the right thing!) Here are a few pix of the boy!
Cody










Cody
Chris and Dennis were the best hosts! WAY WAY better than  a hotel :) :) She had my room all ready, bed made up, extra covers at the ready should I need them, A/C had the temperature perfect. She even put a glass next to the bed so I could get some water. I was overwhelmed by the hospitality! Not to mention the friendship :)

Chris and I had a little side trip while I was there. There is a small pond/swamp within walking distance of their house, and there is a pair of swans who live there. Prior to dinner last night we took a walk down to the pond.

That is a story for the "Part 2" of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment