Saturday, July 23, 2016

July 23 - Massachusetts

Short post here. Next Saturday I am driving down to Webster, Mass., and spending the day with some very good friends. I lived there for about 8 years - it seems a lifetime ago. Owned a house across the street from Webster Lake. I do not want nor will not get into that because of what it turned out to be in the end. I moved over an hour away for valid and very good reasons.

My life is very different now, and I am extremely happy. Settled :)

I did make some excellent and lasting friends on Birch Island (yeah, it really IS kind of an island!!). I will spend the night with one of my BFFs Chris and her husband, and an afternoon or evening pontoon boat ride on the lake with my most excellent friend Russ and his partner Mertie :)

Revisit one area I really did love so much.

Webster Lake holds the Guiness Book of World Records for the longest lake name in the world comprised of 45 letters and 14 syllables:
Char­gogg­a­gogg­man­chaugg­a­gogg­chau­bun­a­gung­a­maugg. Try fitting THAT on a sign! But they do :) Since 1921!
Full Webster Lake sign

Webster is on the Connecticut border. The approximately 1300 acre lake is actually 3 ponds connectected by a small series of channels. Long Pond, Middle Pond, and South Pond.
Aerial view of Webster Lake
It is the third largest fresh water lake in Massachusetts (and actually larger than the Quabbin Reservoir).

Pictures next weekend! Promise!!
Sunrise over Webster Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment