Monday, October 10, 2016


September 30 - October 2, Martha's Vineyard Inn Review

Apologies for the delay - I have been under the weather with a bad cold since Friday night.

The Inn was awesome! Not far outside downtown Oak Bluffs. I am (selfishly, I realize!) keeping the name to myself as I scored big time on a couple of very large rooms, both with kitchenettes and easy access for unloading and loading :) for a good price.

Hotel rooms on the Vineyard run $300-$500 a night as a rule. These were well under $200! Not to mention the size and the cleanliness!!

Brother's room was a bit smaller than mine, but he did have an end unit. Hardwood floors throughout, both of us had eat-in tables (to take advantage of the kitchenette), and all the amenities. No complimentary breakfast, but it was not a hardship. In-unit full size coffee pots and cook tops, to keep in mind for that return visit in the Spring!

I really felt quite at home! I had a full-size fridge in my room, and enough space for 3 more of me :)

Here are the pix I took. Enjoy!!
Outside office

From porch
The pic below - well it struck my odd sense of humor. The hotel was very clear about no smoking inside, etc. In fact,the whole island is (where you can smoke, or mostly cannot, how far away from the buildings, etc.). I think if the powers that be had their way the Vineyard would be entirely non-smoking.

Still, the hotel felt it had to add that sign? Made me chuckle :)
Really???
From porch - yeah it poured Sat. night!
Room
Picture in room

Kitchenette

No comments:

Post a Comment