Thursday, October 6, 2016

September 30 - October 2, Martha's Vineyard

Day 3 - Sunday, October 2

Of course, the day we left dawned sunny and not a drop of rain in sight. I am seeing a disturbing trend here... Cold, rainy weather throughout my trips, and good weather the day I leave! Ah well. Mother Nature!

I am starting to think I am doomed to forever stand in the cold rain taking pictures of my beloved lighthouses and the ocean!

Packed up quickly and checked out, and headed toward the shops in downtown Oak Bluffs. I called the ferry early that morning while having my coffee to ensure they were indeed departing from OB that day. Yes, it was.

Perused a TON of shops in OB in the limited time we had, and bought a few souvenirs, etc. I do not have a lot of pix from Sunday, as most of the time was spent browsing and sighing over shops that were not open or did not open until later (Sunday).

Stopped for a quick lunch at Linda Jean's, right in the middle of the Avenue. Excellent food and service (and quick)! Brother had a crab roll; I was in the mood for grilled cheese. Had a random encounter while there - one of our servers from the previous evening at Oceanview Restaurant happened to be working there!
Linda Jean's
Extremely nice kid; personable and ambitious. Saturday night he was our main waiter; Sunday he was one of several. He had mentioned the night before he worked at another restaurant during the day, but he did not say where. It was totally random, and one of those little "happy accidents" that we just happened to run into him.

How cool was that?

Too soon headed back to the ferry. Vehicles are supposed to arrive 1/2 hour before the ferry departs.
Ferry pier

On the pier











In line for ferry
Did get a few pix, and there are some of my (in)famous random pix at the bottom of this post :)

There was actually a lot we did not get to do and see, so brother and I decided we should make a return trip to the Vineyard in the Spring (when hopefully the weather will be better). There is an alpaca farm I would like to see, plus Aquinnah's cliffs and lighthouse (did not make it there - not enough time!). I would like to get in a whole day of perusing the shops as well!

Hotel review, with pix!, will follow in a day or so.
Random, Oak Bluffs

Random, Oak Bluffs ocean
Random cottages, Oak Bluffs

Random, Oak Bluffs

2 comments:

  1. This looked like it was a lot of fun! Too bad weather wasn't nicer but loved all the pictures. Glad you hade a good time! I've never been there but it looks very picturesque.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved revisiting the Island, even in the rain :)

    ReplyDelete