Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday, November 11

It is so very, very easy to get caught up in the day-to-day. Doctor and dentist appointments, visits with family and friends. The stuff you need to do to keep moving through life.

I am busier now than I was when working full time in Corporate offices for high-level executives. Go figure!

Being honest, I am finally fully indulging my hobbies. Working to finish up a novel - and making excellent progress. Painting, both my oils and murals. I also do a LOT of reading :) Plus my volunteer work with the local Cultural Council and the library.

Murals. I have painted a mural in every single place I have lived since I moved out from my parents. Well aware I cannot take them with me, it is just me making a statement. "Hey! I was here! I enjoyed the space." Some of them I have put a lot of time and effort into (well, one). Most - not as much. That way if the next tenant / homeowner decide they hate it, well, it is easily painted over.

I do not move very often. I (and my kitties!) dislike the interruption. I have moved exactly 8 times in my life. More than a few places were long term (over 10 years). I did not stay long in my last rental; 4 years. I needed to move on and the house held far too many ghosts.

I have only been here a few years - coming up on my third winter. But it will be my last. Come Spring I will make my final move. To my "retirement" place and house farther north on the map. This has been planned for quite some time, actually, and I will finally realize my dream.

Go figure... one who is chilly even in summer (that would be me) moves farther north by several hours.

Perhaps I should just cut to the quick and head back to PEI. Or visit Newfoundland!

I have been weeding through things, thinking about the impending move. My brother and I will be sharing a property. When I moved here I had to go through far too much stuff that was not relevant and get rid of it. Still took 2 U-hauls (the big ones) to get me here. I have unloaded a lot more baggage since then.

But not my books :) Those stay with me. They nourish me. I read for several hours every night.

It will take me longer to pack this time as my health is not fantastic, and it takes me longer to accomplish tasks than it used to.

One of the best bosses I ever had gave me some excellent words of wisdom which I will never forget: you just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward.

Yeah, you do. You keep moving through life.

I am so done with the ghosts and most  of the lifetimes past. Dealt with it. Moved on to a much happier and better place in life. I think I had forgotten, for awhile, who I really was. I did not reinvent myself. I re-discovered me.


Treat next week! My sister and her significant other visited wine country in New York's Finger Lakes area. Lots of pics she graciously shared with me, and quite an interesting trip and region :)

No comments:

Post a Comment