Wednesday, February 22, 2017

February 22 - Maine

Back-to-back (to back) snowstorms and February weather do not make for interesting posts. I am certain no one wants to see more pix of the 2-plus feet of snow that ended up falling here by the end of last week! Suffice it to say, my sister's significant other came up last Tuesday to dig out from the worst storm - almost 2 feet plus the remnants from the previous.

Then it snowed. Again. More than enough that it was impossible to get out of the driveway.

My sister and her S.O. arrived last Friday afternoon and cleaned it up (again!). Kind of like "the cavalry has arrived"! They stayed for the weekend, and much good food and great company ensued.

The weather has finally broken (for now anyhow) and I am able to tend to some things on my list. I have appointments tomorrow to view several apartments. I will be able to haul the trash bins out for Friday morning pick-up. I will be able to get out & do more laundry on Friday (and hopefully visit the library for reading material). Yay!

On the up-side I have been painting, which pleases me. I have 2 large canvases I am working on as a "set" - they are meant to be hung together, with one offset (a little above) the other. So far the oils have been drying fairly quickly, which is nice. Certain colors take longer to dry than others; deep blues & the cadmium colors for example. Titanium white - a staple - takes forever to dry for some reason.

Between my search for housing, painting, trying to keep the apartment tidy, etc. - I do manage to stay busy!

I will leave you with 2 pix tonight of The Hoover. The bane and love of my life here. This thing weighs at least 30 pounds with the hose etc. But it does a most excellent job of vacuuming! Most of the cats do not regularly run away when they hear the vacuum (except Percy). However.... The Hoover sounds like a NASA rocket launching. They all scatter.

And the place is clean for a day. Sigh - long-haired cats. Ah well.

Apartment hunting tomorrow :) Stay tuned!
The Hoover, upright (storage)

The Hoover, ready to rumble

No comments:

Post a Comment