Monday, April 24, 2017

April 24 - Massachusetts

Boxes. I empty them, fold them up for trash pickup, and slide more down. Thought I only had 3 more kitchen boxes. Ha! Double that. Take a look!
Kitchen boxes

My most awesome brother came over on Sunday. Went grocery shopping - we usually go on Saturday but he had to take a friend into the airport. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the boxes. As mentioned, this has been a tough move-in for me.

He rearranged a lot of boxes for me, got them in their proper order, and all is feeling much better in my world as a result. Makes it much easier on the unpack. I was feeling verklemptelated by last Saturday. No longer thanks to my brother's much valued assistance :)
Before

After

Still ruthlessly purging. It actually feels pretty good - lighten the load. No I am not a "tiny house" candidate! I do need and want my space :)

My brother also hooked up my rainhead shower assembly for me; THAT feels good :) Opened some of the unmarked boxes the other day and found my towels. Yay! Also found a bunch of Christmas decor that can be put away, and have started a box for donations of the nicer items I have and no longer need.

I can see the light at the end, and it is all good. A few boxes I have come across will require replacement furniture (wine glasses, things like that). Much of my nicer pieces of furniture did not make it through the fire.

They will have to wait, along with my books now neatly stacked against the wall :)
My books

No comments:

Post a Comment