Sunday, May 21, 2017

May 21 - Massachusetts

I am almost ready to take back what I said about Spring! It seemed fairly short-lived, although it always does even when it occurs :) Temps broke record highs a few days last week; it was over 90 a few days in a row. The past few days have been cooler; nights especially. Much nicer. This coming week is supposed to be more normal for this time of year. Or so the weather people say!

That changes daily in New England. Weather reporters are the only people I know of that are wrong more than half the time yet keep their jobs.

I have an appointment for my car tomorrow afternoon, and of course as of this morning they are calling for 100% chance of rain. But wait - I did not check the forecast this afternoon - it may have changed!

Gotta love it; we live (and stay) here for a reason. Mostly to be able to complain about the weather.

I did get some pix of my irises early this afternoon. They are absolutely gorgeous! I love the deep purples.
Irises

More irises :)

I also discovered I have a lovely largish white bleeding heart plant in my garden! It fully bloomed last week. I have never had one before, and decided I quite like it. I need another one to complement it.
 
Bleeding Heart plant


Made good progress towards the end of last week. And of course my most awesome brother moved a bunch of things around for me (again) yesteday. Getting closer to what I envision :) Bedroom should be 100% by the end of next week. Well, except for shoes.... those are a whole 'nother story as they say!

Located yet another kitchen box. Hiding. Good grief. Those have been the bane of my existence for the past month. Not only has every single thing been wrapped in yards of paper, it all had to be washed. It has been not only tedious, but extremely time-consuming as well.

Anomaly. I may have the world's largest fridge, but I also have the world's smallest sink. When I washed the baking sheets they would not fit in the sink. Water went everywhere! My every day plates do not fit in the sink easily.
Sink

Reference point... glass takes up 1/4!

So you can see what I was/am up against. I have looked into replacement sinks, and found a few that will fit. I realize space in mobile homes is tight, but there is no reason I cannot have a sink that suits my needs. A single basin sink would be far more practical.

Here is a sample picture of those I am looking at.
Farmhouse sink - more space!
Lots to accomplish this coming week. Felt good health-wise yesterday and today, and although my legs ache it is a "good" kind of an ache. Muscles stretching and rebuilding (must be the coffee and muffins / danish / watermelon cups - my morning weaknesses!). After a winter of not getting out and being able to move around much, it is a welcome change.

Enjoy the weather! It will likely change - again - in the next day or so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment