Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 31 - Massachusetts

My new couch was delivered yesterday, and it is red! I wanted a red couch but the store said it would be an 8-10 week special order. Did not want to wait that long and figured I would just get a red slipcover. When it arrived in red I was so very, very happy! Here is a picture. I love it!!
New couch

I kind of hit the wall yesterday as far as unpacking, and did not do much. I am at the point of needing a few bits of furniture, shuffling things around, and picking away at small boxes. Trash is going out almost as fast as I unpack.

Went through my once massive movie collection (took up 2 cabinets). Ruthlessly - there's that word again! - tossing. There are still a lot I am keeping, but realistically I do not watch a lot of movies. I had accumulated quite a few. To be frank I had kept many of them out of spite for reasons those close to me will understand :)

Weeded through my music CDs as well. I truly have no desire to listen to "Godsmack" or "AC/DC" any more. I did keep "Chili Peppers" though (guilty pleasure)! And of course my beloved Dylan!!

Small boxes stacked on top of bigger ones (obviously). Makes sense to me to empty & consolidate many of these now. Get them out of the way!

I have more furniture arriving at the end of next week and want to be prepared. I want to be settled and  feel "home". I am tired of feeling I MUST unpack 4 or 5 boxes a day!

Here are some web pictures of the coffee and end tables I got. They have slate tops, and are absolutely gorgeous!

Stay tuned my friends :)
Coffee table

End table (ordered 2)

2 comments:

  1. I've kept up on your blog and like your insights. Sounds like your making a lot of progress. With everything you've had to deal with cut yourself a break and take a day off sometimes. Won't hurt and would do you good.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps crockpot spagetti sounds awful.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete