Friday, July 21, 2017

July 21 - Massachusetts

Part 1

Two-for today (pix in the next post; much progress has been made :) ) Short philosophical post first.

I need to vent about an article I read. Without going into detail, the author spent 10 years getting over her issue; hiding & not being in the world. I thought about it. Yes it was indeed a tragedy, but 10 years? To me, that is way too long to rejoin the world.

Everyone suffers losses during their life. It happens to all of us. We all have "baggage" of one sort or another. We all end up a bit damaged; it is what you do with the leftovers that matters.

My Dad passed away when I was half the age I am now. I lost my middle sister ten years ago. Lost almost everything I thought mattered 5 1/2 years ago (that one was rough). Maybe you never recover 100%, but you do "keep on keeping on". You have to!

It is called life and it happens. You make it better, make it your own. Otherwise I think it just... stops. Who wants that? Yes I have lost a great deal. Haven't we all? By the same token I have gained so much. My heart and soul overflow with peace, happiness and contentment right now.


Life changes - that is what it is. Change with it or be lost, I think. I choose not to be lost. I choose to be happy. I choose to continue putting one foot in front of the other :) Still "keep on keepin' on"!

I have sat outside on my little deck on my new patio set in late afternoon for a bit this past week when I could, enjoying the peace and quiet. Last night I read my book for awhile :) Loved it!

The peace inside is indescribeable. It did not take me 10, 5, or even 3 years to get back to me. I have said it before, and will say it again: I did not reinvent myself. I rediscovered me.

As stated before, I believe everything happens for a reason. Happiness where you are and with who you are. At peace with yourself and the world. Yeah. THAT.


No comments:

Post a Comment