Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday, September 28 - Massachusetts

Good evening! I have decided to make it a point to post more regularly, even if it is at times about mundane stuff. Tonight, however, I wanted to share the wonderful day I had two Sundays ago at my Niece's bridal shower :) Lots of pictures today.

My Niece has exquisite taste, and although she is keeping the wedding low-key, the details are definitely quite upscale! For her bridal shower, she chose the Tuscan Kitchen in Salem, NH, as a venue.
My wonderrful Sister (her Mom) planned the entire brunch. Quite an undertaking on my Sister's part: ordering invitations that matched the wedding invitations, coordinating the food and private room with the restaurant, the floral arrangements on each table, and countless other details that went into the day. This - on top of her full-time Accounting position.
Table Floral Arrangements

It was wonderful! Well done, Sis!! She probably left around 7:00 AM to head up to NH for the late-morning affair. I drove up but did not have to leave until much later. It was a beautiful day, on top of it all :)

The room she reserved was called the "Wine Cellar", for obvious reasons.
The Wine Cellar

The Wine Cellar

My Sister had arranged for pitchers of mimosas and sangria for each table, in addition to a table with a large tray of fruit and cheese appetizers to greet everyone.
Appetizer Table






Hot food followed on the buffet shortly. Mushroom and sausage fritata, Tuscan style brunch potatoes, ricotta filled pancakes, and something else. I cannot remember as I zeroed in on the pancakes! I ate three - they were that good!!

Food Buffet Table








My Niece opened a LOT of really great gifts that day. (I know, as I sat next to her and duly logged the giver and gift.)
Gift Table



Too soon it was over and people left in groups, taking their bridal shower favors on their way out. I feel good about that as I was able to contribute a little something to her day. The hand-painted glasses, each with a hand-written tag (my Niece & her fiancee's names on the front, washing instructions inside, & a short "hand painted by" on the back). Took a week for my hand to uncramp. My Sister bought gift bags and small bottles of Prosecco to go with.
Favor Bags

It was truly a wonderful and joyful day!


My Sister looked absolutely beautiful in her periwinkle-colored dress, and totally glowed with pride at her daughter. My Niece was stunning in a simple white flowing dress, but I think she would look great in anything.

So very, very well done, and hands down the most upscale bridal shower I ever attended. Once again, well done, Sis!! You outdid yourself on that :) You were absolutely amazing!

Stay tuned, my friends. A week from now I will be having dinner on Martha's Vineyard. Not lugging the laptop, so the adventures will have to wait until after. Getting away for a few days should help ease my somewhat frazzled state of mind. Work has gotten in the way of everything recently - not in a good way - and I intend to rectify that. Need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment