Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Wednesday, September 26 - Massachusetts

Tribute ~ Roger

Good evening friends and followers. It is late, but alas once again with sad news I post tonight. A good friend passed away yesterday. Finished brooding, I wanted to put a small post in his memory. Roger was a really good person who always meant well.

Truth - because it matters to me now - he and I were married for about two years eons ago. Divorced (amicably). I sped on with my life, career; left it all behind. Forgot most of it. For some - whatever - reason he never did. He stayed in touch with my family, who wisely (mostly) kept that info from me. I have no clue why he was so stuck on me, and never asked.

Got back in touch with him about 4-1/2 years ago, and we struck up a friendly relationship. I thought it was time to make amends. We went out for dinner every 5 or 6 weeks; sit and chat.

I do not know why he never let go of the time we were together. Not in a stalker way, but he just - never got over it. I guess that is the best way to put it.

Roger was diagnosed early Spring; he had chemo and radiation and all of that. It did not help. The universe and Nature are cruel.

And he passed away yesterday. I did see him before he went; a bare shadow of himself.

Roger was a very good friend, and a good person. I am glad we reconnected.


No comments:

Post a Comment