Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20 - Massachusetts

Some final thoughts from my trip and the excellent experience and opportunity I had. I edited last night's "Part 2" post, so if you have read it, please re-read it. Much added.

A few people were concerned about me traveling alone (OK, more than just a few). Apparently I was one of the very few who was not concerned.

I needed that journey - in more ways than one.

Traveling solo is an incredible opportunity for not only learning, but self-discovery and growth. One is never too old for that :) 

One of the best joys of travel is the "happy accident" - a wrong turn, the random roadside sign you did not know about. It can lead to the most beautiful scenic outlook. The most eclectic cafe with great coffee and danish. The best sandwich shops. The most obscure little museums or local shops. I love happy accidents!

I had more than a few, due to random roadside signs and construction detours. I saw and discovered many things I may not have otherwise. I am one who firmly believes everthing happens for a reason. Countless on this trip!

It was absolutely and truly a once-in-a-lifetime thing. The experiences I had, the people I met - I am out of superlatives.

I have several short trips coming up this summer, so stay tuned. The blog may not always be about travel, but I refuse (and promise) there will be no politics etc. discussed here!

Check back every couple of weeks :)  I am already plotting the bones of my next really big trip in my head. When I have it nailed down I will make it public. Even my siblings do not know.

The Defiant Traveler continues on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment