Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16 - Massachusetts

I have been rearranging furniture in the front room, which will become my studio, and unpacking boxes crazily in there. Mostly art supplies. I never really gave it a lot of thought until this move -- how many art supplies I have. They took up 2 1/2 bookcase-type shelving units in my previous abodes, but I never really considered it until now when I am a bit shorter on space & trying to fit everything into place!

It is working out, though, and I have faith it will. Sort of like fitting a puzzle together (although I never really excelled at puzzles :) ).

I have been picking away at the boxes in my soon-to-be studio. Who knew I possessed that many art supplies?? Here is a sample of what has been unpacked. Not to mention all the canvases, frames, and associated hardware... I probably have enough to open a small store.
Supplies - drawing implements

More art supplies
 Pictures do not include the "must have" box with my oils, brushes and basics. The box that came with me to Maine and helped sustain me through the winter. It is still the Elephant In The Room as it is one of 3 boxes I am unable to unpack completely in the living room until I clear out more space in the studio. The other two boxes being 1) my herbs & spices and 2) my retro ultimate turntable setup for my albums. (Both of which require my brother's assistance.)

HOWever, the rest of the place is coming along quite nicely. As evidenced by the photos below. Curtains are finally, finally hung. Women will understand that; it just does not feel like home until the curtains are up! (Guys do not get that for some reason.)
Living room
Living room

Living room with unicorn statues :)











Curtains hung!
My living room is happy, and my unicorn statues have a home. I am so, so glad they made it through the fire and the moves intact. They are somewhat fragile, and hold sentimental meaning to me.

I am getting ready for my first "real" company since I moved in. My sister and her Significant Other are coming over for a BBQ dinner Saturday! My brother will join us as well. That is good - I can only fit 4 people on my little deck patio set! I am really looking forward to it! We will have BBQ chicken, pasta salad, grilled asparagus and wine slushies! My sister is making what sounds like an amazing dessert :) A nice family get-together!

Stay tuned, my friends! Tomorrow I have to start marinating and making food and wine slushies for the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment