Wednesday, August 9, 2017

August 9 - Massachusetts

Good afternoon! Short-ish post today with lots of pictures and some random thoughts.

I have not done any traveling this year - obviously - due to circumstances. At least traveling of the physical journey sort. A lot of emotional and cerebral traveling, for sure. And way too many moves in the past 9 months for my liking. Put me well out of my comfort zone.

With all that behind me, I have an urge to do a bit of traveling again :)

I am planning another trip back to Martha's Vineyard with my brother in a few months. When we visited last year he became as enamored of the Island as I am. We are adding an extra day and a half onto the trip - there is much we did not see last year. Most notably the Eastern and Southern parts of the Island (the Aquinnah and Chilmark areas). Revisit a few favorite eating spots and try out some new ones.
Aquinnah cliffs

The hotel and ferry reservations are already made, and I am looking forward to it! Crossing my fingers the weather will be nicer this year so my brother will have a better experience. I would love to visit the alpaca farm as well. And maybe sneak in a lighthouse :)
Alpacas - Aren't they adorable??

With an eye towards next year... I am seriously thinking of revisiting Canada. I enjoyed that trip so very much! And there were some things I was unable to do. Tentative plans include spending an extra day in Saint John, New Brunswick. There is so much to see there, and I would truly love to see the Bay of Fundy from the NB side. It gave me some of the most "AWE" moments of my last trip.
Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick

Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick






 



Cape Breton Island. Spend a few days there and soak it in. The AAA guide says the CBI Loop Trail is a four-hour drive. Knowing me, it will take me most of the day. Figure a 3-day stay will allow me to do that, a few other things, and take in some choice lighthouses!
Cape Breton Island

Detailed map of CBI, Loop Trail

CBI Loop Trail
Then head back over to Prince Edward Island. That was my favorite part of last year's trip, and I would love to revisit. See some of the lighthouses I missed due to weather. Revisit a few others.
Trip idea


It will be a LOT of driving; I am not deluding myself on that. Five days of the trip would be dedicated to getting from point A to point B. Massachusetts to NB; NB to CBI; CBI to PEI; PEI back to the US; then home. Those are (mostly) all 6 & 7 hour trips. I would need to make this trip a bit longer in order to fit everything in. I want to do this while I am still capable.

Thinking, plotting! I am good at that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment