Tuesday, August 8, 2017

August 8 - Massachusetts

Good evening intrepid followers! It has been awhile since my last post; I have been busy! Clearing out the larger boxes in the front room, which will become my studio. Those, too, have been hard as many are not marked. Or just say "studio room - heavy". I am about halfway through them.

Studio boxes

Books there, too, but they are reference materials. Fortunately, thank the heavens, they all survived because they were in the back room of my apartment. Still need to be cleaned, but they came through unscathed :)

I have started to move the furniture around in there to where it will fit, and am plowing through the big boxes as best I can.

My most awesome brother has hung some pictures and put together the living room side tables for me. They look great, and I love them! Here are a few pictures.
Living room
L.R. side table (blurry)

L.R. side table















Also my "fish" picture! Many years ago someone gave me a platter meant for serving fish. Since I do not eat that much fish, but loved the platter, I kept it all these years. Several years ago I finally decided to paint it & hang it up :) I love this thing!
Fish. I love him!


I am itching to get this place finally set to rights. To be able work on paintings in my studio. House plaques and yard ornaments are OK but do not satisfy the yearning in my soul to sit at my easel, pick up a brush and put oil to canvas...

That one is hard to explain. It will require a post on its own.

I spent a very enjoyable evening with a good friend last week. Girl time is never overrated! She gave me a few good ideas for my small space.

I have a very small tree in my side yard. When I first moved in here I thought it was dead. Wow was I wrong! It is a Rose of Sharon! It just fully bloomed yesterday. Rose of Sharon is a mid-late summer bloomer, and is usually a bush. A couple of early buds last week tipped me off, and I did a bit of internet research. If you prune them correctly, they will turn into a small tree.
Rose of Sharon tree

Rose of Sharon blooms

That is what I have!

It is lovely! The miniature sunflowers continue to bloom. My yard may be small, but it is so, so pretty :) I am totally in love with it.

Stay tuned, my friends.

Flowers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment