Friday, April 14, 2017

April 14 - Massachusetts

Still Moving In...

My sister came over last night to see my place, and she liked it :) We had a drink, then went out for dinner at a local pub-type place. The food was good (huge portions!), and the company was even better :) I have missed her the past few weeks. That did not surprise me; I mentioned our relationship has evolved over the winter. We will make it a point to get more "sister" time in.

It has really been a tough move-in for me this time. As mentioned, I did not do the packing. Even the boxes I packed in Maine ended up in odd rooms. Nothing is marked except the room it came from, which makes it very difficult on the unpacking end. Nothing is in order. There are boxes marked "Kitchen - Fragile", but contain vases and decor. Not exactly what I am looking to put away immediately (plates, dishes, ya know).

Nothing was cleaned or washed from the fire, and without a dishwasher it is me cleaning and washing. Washed a lot of things Tuesday evening, and again yesterday morning. Then I felt ill, had a hard time breathing, and had to lie down for a good part of the day.

So basically a few boxes a day is about all I can handle. Bathrooms are done :) Got a good start on the  bedroom; in desperate need of a second bureau.

So I have managed to make enough inroads :) My smaller space and need to downsize has made me pretty ruthless. And yeah, I admit, I want room for the boxes of books which will come at the tail end.

Got out today for a much-needed haircut. I had an appointment made for a few days after the fire. That never happened. Although I was desperate in Maine over the winter to get it done, I could not find a place that suited. The few local places I checked out  (besides being almost twice as expensive as here) were churning out women with the - exact - same - haircut. Um no, not ready for Stepford Wives! Sara always does an awesome job on my hair, and today was no exception!

I have growing piles of empty boxes on my porch, which pleases me. I cannot move many of the boxes in here myself without unpacking them, so it is limiting. I am fully aware this is all on me, and am doing the best I can. Just wish they would go away faster!

The place is a mess, and the boxes seem endless. However, I do know where things will go.

And - I found my silverware the other night. Big yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment