Saturday, June 18, 2016

June 18 - Massachusetts

Quick update (for some reason I am still running on that Atlantic Time!).

I know I was going to post about the hotels today. However, upshot was I spent over 3 hours on borrowed phones today to Verizon trying to get the rental phone service restored to my regular phone. I called Verizon last month about getting a temporary international plan; no problem. Two weeks before I left I called back to reconfirm. Good thing I did. Turns out Canada recently switched their phone service, and my phone would no longer work up there.

I do not own a smartphone; do not want or need one. All I want is talk and text. I have a laptop for everything else! Verizon sent me a free rental 3G phone, and the activation was easy-peasy. I was told the reactivation of my regular phone would be the same.

Not so. It has been a long, excrutiatiang process to switch back. As mentioned - a total of over 3 hours and 4 different "technical support" people before one finally managed to get it correct. Ugh.

Tomorrow when I have calmed down I will call Verizon customer service and give them a good piece of my mind :)

Therefore, I was not really in the best of moods to post about the hotels tonight. Played catch-up today with my regular email (almost 100 messages in 10 days!), plus checked all my banking and credit card stuff over a secure connection to ensure no nefarious activity had occurred. It did not.

Big piece of advice, and one which I will follow next time! If you do not own a 3G or 4G phone and travel out of the US, the best bet would be to purchase a disposable cell when you arrive at your destination. Today's hassle of 3 hours on the phone for the 10 days I had on the Android (which I do not really care for, BTW) was so not worth it.


Tomorrow, I PROMISE I will review the hotels and post the pics :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are home safe and sound and had a wonderful trip! Love all the pictures and can't wait to read your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete